.jpg)

Here's my sweetie! Born May 25th, he will be weaned and ready to come home to our place at the end of October.
I've chosen the name Almucantar for his registry. Almucantar is an astronomical term. Paso Fino horses traditionally have a Spanish name, and this word is the same in English, Spanish, and Arabic. Of course, it is a mouthful, and since his birth, he has been called Quigley.
This little dear is descended from Paso Finos my grandmother used to raise. Makes him extra special in my eyes. Quigley is a pinto buckskin with grey/blue/green eyes. I'm sure Grandma would have been charmed by him.
Right now Quigley is going through physical therapy for being windswept. Basically, his legs didn't do what they should have in development and his tendons are too loose. His outlook is good, and he is getting the best care to ensure his future will be bright.
Update 8/21
Quigley seemed to go lame last week. A trip to the vet showed that he had a hernia. After his successful surgury, Almucantar is now a gelding. A bit earlier than planned, but a healthy horse. He is reported to be up to his usual playful prancing, bucking, and making faces at his buddy Rocky, a gelding pastured next to him who is his pal. His excellent care continues with his high spirits. I'm also told he doesn't much care for the new experience of having his legs spritzed with water. This schoolboy doesn't think there's much use in this. What little boy likes baths?
I'm hoping to get a picture soon now that he's shedding off. He is keeping his light base color, and developing more black at the knees. He will certainly be flashy! I love his beautiful face and the way he holds his head on his lovely neck. It will be fun to see him grow into a fine horse.